- You are always telling a dream. When do you dream it?
- And if nothing is repeated in the same way, all things are last things.
- To be in company is not to be with someone, but to be in someone.
- My God, I have almost never believed in you, and yet I have always loved you.
- I talk thinking that I shouldn’t talk: that is how I talk.
- You do not have anything and still you would give me a world. I owe you a world.
- You will find the distance that separates you from them by joining them.
- Sometimes I find that misery is so vast that I am afraid of needling it.
- A new pain enters and the old pains of the household receive it with their silence, not with their death.
- I have come one step away from everything and here I stay, far from everything, one step away.
- Suffering does not follow us. It goes before us.
- Not everyone does evil, but everyone stands accused.
- We have a world for each one, but we do not have a world for all.
- If you are not going to change your route, why change your guide?
- No one understands that you have given everything. You must give more.- Antonio Porchia, (1886 – 1968) Italian-born writer and poet,
– Voces (1943)